I finally made two gowns in 1770' style, ordered by Klaudia and Marianna from Oslo. The gowns will be a part of photo session for the book that they’re working on. I cant’ wait for realese of that book, because it will be something really special and beutiful. Girls are very talented photographers and they even got some prestige awards for their achievements. So, at the begining of august, I made a designs for green and blue gowns, and next i started to work on it together with tailor that was helping me on that project. Today I will present you the green one, and soon I will publish the post about the second gown.
This is my first design made in style typical for 18th fashion engraves. The dress was inspired by historical gowns from 1770's and little by Coppola's film. I used original sewing pattern from Nora Waught's book. This model is a combination of robe a la anglaise and a la polonaise with little panier, silk shirt and corset.
When I was waiting for my tailor to finish his work, I was making a kilometers of ruffled trims - ofcours by hand.
This is a photo that was taken when Marianne was tried unfinished gown on.
And here it is: the first finished costume under my Atelier Saint - Honore label, which I paint on the silk with metallic paint.
And now I will show you some photos of results of my work. Unfortunately, I haven't good light in my home when I was taking the photos, so please forgive me not so well quality of pictures. In future I will show you the professional photos from Klaudia's and Marianna's book.
I used about 9 meters green taffeta fabric, some silk organza in silver gary color, feathers and rhinestoned stars.
The tassel I made by myself using metallic threads, bullions, cord, and trim